Saturday, April 21, 2012

Staying positive

March was filled with too many dark days and I vowed when April came, that would be behind us and we would focus on accepting Lucy's diagnosis, learning more about it, and preparing for life after her birth.  Jason was home for a total of 6 days or something in March, so although we talked about what's going on, we haven't REALLY had the opportunity to talk all that much. 

We have, however, gotten much encouragement from friends and family and we know that everything will be OK.  In addition, we have the support of other who have faced similar situations and can talk about it with us.  We have been connected with another family who has a little boy with the same condition.  One of my previous co-workers has 2 little boys with health complications that were diagnosed in-utero.  

We are going to be parents of a beautiful baby girl who is already loved by many!

There are many times in my life that I have felt like God prepared me for the exact situation that I was facing at that moment.  This is no exception.  I am blessed enough to have connections to one of the top insurance providers in the industry - in fact, it was at their conference that I found out about Lucy's condition.  It is through them that I have been given a high risk pregnancy case manager to help Jason and I navigate not only the insurance hurdles that we have/will face, but also to help us research the best doctors to see in our situation and to be a constant resource to answer any questions that we.  We have already been referred to a wonderful perinatologist that practices very close to my office and have been assured that delivering at Presbyterian/St. Luke's in downtown Denver is best place for us to be. 

Much is life is not about what you face, but how you choose to face it.  We are choosing to be blessed.

Our 28 week appointment is on Tuesday, so look for our next update in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment