Friday, April 19, 2013

Learning New Things

As I have mentioned before, Lucy loves all sorts of flavors - tonight I even let her get a little messy when I gave her a bit of chocolate pudding - as you can tell from her big smile, she loved it!

We have had a busy week - Jason is in Vegas for an event and I had to go into the office for 4 full days of training this week.  We are so spoiled to have my parents taking such good care of Lucy on weeks like this (and taking good care of us - shoveling me out in the morning and having dinner ready after a realllllllly long commute home in the snow).  Lucy is learning to play interactively with us more and more - like pushing toys to us and she still loves peek-a-boo and clapping and even ALMOST played with the dog tonight!  She's not crawling, but spends a lot of time on her hands and knees or scooting on her butt or belly and still would rather stand and jump than anything else.  She NEVER sits still!

We are preparing for another esophagus dilatation next week Tuesday, so with that brings a pre-op on Monday and another long day on Tuesday in Day Surgery.  We would appreciate your prayers that Lucy has an easier time coming out of anesthesia than she did last time.  I've talked to the nurses and her ENT office in preparation, so everyone should be better prepared, I hope! 

Through all things, we are constantly reminded that Lucy in God's hands.  Last week's sermon at church was very humbling for me and a good reminder of that fact.  Our pastor spoke about the promise he made to Abraham to make him the father of many nations - and that promise took  decades to fulfill!  I know that God will heal Lucy in His time, and I need to remember to be patient in the meantime.

Ready for bed in her adorable new nighty from cousin Kristie - even reading a book by herself like a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment