Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!




So I realize it is a few days past Thanksgiving, but we have so much to be thankful for I wanted to post a Thanksgiving blog anyways!  I think she is officially to the age that taking a picture is very difficult!  She does not sit still very long!!

For example, I am sure she was in this picture when I pressed the button to take it!
In addition, I am sure the turkey was in this picture with her when I took this one!!
To start out, her eye and ear appointments last week went GREAT! Her hearing was good, better than her previous visit last spring, so we will go back in 6 months to continue to monitor that.  Her sight was also good and we only have to go for annual check-ups for that!  With hydrocephalus, it often puts pressure on the optical nerve, causing sight problems so it is definitely monitored closely.  In addition, and something we didn't know is that VACTERL association also often causes eye issues - none of which Lucy was currently showing signs off.  We were over the moon relieved to have two more appointments behind us - both with such great news.  In fact, at the eye doctors, we heard a phrase that we rarely hear "...normal for her age." Yea!

Lucy:

I am so thankful to be your mommy!  I am thankful that daddy and I chose to give you life.  I am thankful that you are using your feeding tube less.  I am thankful that your hydrocephalus is not as severe as we were originally told.  I am thankful that you are sitting next to me coloring right now and are getting so independent.  I am thankful that we could spend Thanksgiving with your grandma and grandpa, aunts and uncles and cousins.  I am thankful that we have access to health care that will continue to help you get better.  I am thankful that God chose to send us such a wonderful little girl!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!




I am also thankful that you have such a fun daddy to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment