Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!



How can it be 2014 already?  Here is a recap of Lucy's year:

 - I took a VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY long road trip to visit my daddy's family in Virginia
 - I went to my first wrestling event - the Virginia Duals!
 - I learned to drink out of a sippy cup, even though I never really took a bottle
 - I got to visit Duluth with my mommy and daddy
 - I got a brand new bedroom in our new house
 - I learned to crawl!
 - I turned 1 and had a fabulous party!!
 - I went to my first Twins game at Target Field
 - I participated in the Walk for Hydrocephalus
 - I spent a week at the lake with mommy's family
 - I learned to walk!!
 - I went to the Minnesota State Fair
 - I visited "the cabin" on the mighty Mississippi River in Wabasha
 - I took my first airplane ride...all the way to Washington DC!
 - I ran my first race - the Toddler Trot at the Minnesota State Capitol
 - I went Trick or Treating...dressed as a lion
 - I don't need a feeding pump anymore - just a bolus right into my tummy!
 - I got my first haircut
 - I got to meet Santa and sit on his lap
 - I took my second airplane trip...all the way to California this time!
 - I had 12 esophagus dilatations
 - I visited the doctor between 40 and 50 times (mommy has lost track!)
 - I had the BEST YEAR EVER...I can't wait for 2014 - I already have some fun things planned!

And some of our favorite pictures from the year:













2013 was an amazing year for our family and we are so, so thankful that Lucy has made such wonderful strides this year.  As Romans 12:12 reminds us, "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." and we will continue to claim this verse in 2014.

As for today, Lucy has been sick over the holidays - bad cold, stomach flu and cutting 4 teeth.  I am constantly amazed at how well she handles being sick and am so grateful that she recovers well without having to go to the doctor or be hospitalized for it.  She is definitely on the mend and has been running around the house quite hyper lately - she has so many new toys to play with she doesn't quite know how to spend her time.  Jason and I got her a play kitchen for Christmas, which she is a huge fan of and she's been making lots of cookies and coffee for us over the past week (seriously - this thing has a coffee maker that uses coffee PODS - like our Keurig!  I told Jason that if she were just a little taller, she could make me a cup of real coffee in the morning - she already knows how to use the machine!!)  We have her next esophagus dilatation on Friday - it will be 4 weeks since her last one, so a good test to see how well her last dilatation lasted.  Prayers are welcome and we will update you all on how it goes.

Until then, Happy New Year!!  Here's to a wonderful 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment