Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!


2014 was definitely an incredible year for Lucy.  While she had some ups and downs from a health perspective - I don't think anyone would have imagined that she would have to be hospitalized not once, but twice - there were more ups than downs.  At the end of it all, she has recovered well and has no more feeding tube - what an accomplishment!!

Cousins!
Who needs presents when you have a box?
When I reflect back to the beginning of 2014, we were just a few months removed from the feeding pump and still pretty new to bolus feedings.  Lucy was eating very little variety in her foods - mostly baby foods and small amounts of "real" food at a time.

Here are a few highlights that Lucy wants to share with you all:

 - I got to go to Virginia to visit daddy's family again - and me and mom got stuck in Atlanta overnight!!  Mom seemed stressed but I don't know why - it was fun!!
 - I started brushing my teeth all by myself
 - I got to go on an Easter Egg hunt outside...in the snow!!
 - I got my first car (it's all plastic and doesn't have an engine, but aren't most cars all plastic these days???)
 - Grandma and Grandpa got to take care of me overnight while mom and dad celebrated a night away for their anniversary
 - I got to be a flower girl and meet cousins Emily, Matthew, Shelby and Brody for the first time
 - I got to put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean
 - I turned 2 and got to go to the Minnesota Zoo with all my cousins
 - I got to go to a pumpkin patch and ride on a hay ride
 - I got my feeding tube out!!
 - I went sledding for the first time
 - I visited Bentleyville for the first time and saw a TON of cool Christmas lights
 - I had around 20 doctor's visits (that's only half of what I had last year!) but I had to spend 10 nights in the hospital this fall :(

Despite the rough fall, I think 2014 was Lucy's best year ever.  What fun it is to be a 2 year old!

Lucy at Christmas last year - she is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment