Thursday, January 5, 2017

On the Mend

Lucy has made great strides in getting better over the past 2 days.  She is totally off of oxygen support and therefore her sweet little face is no longer hidden under tape and nasal cannulas!

She continues to throw up a few times a day, but her system is slowly moving things out the other end as well (enough said!).  Today was the first day she felt like getting out of bed and having me read to her and look out the window with her...we saw a lot of birds, buses and people running in the COLD weather to get to their cars!  She is eating a little bit and was thrilled with the dinner we ordered at the hospital of rice noodles (one of her favorites!) and orange jello cubes.

I am anticipating that she will be home in the next few says and can't wait to have all my family under one roof again.  I cannot begin to tell you how lonely it is not to have miss Lucy at home.  Before bed, I just walk into her room which is perfectly neat but SO empty and it makes my heart hurt to know she's at the hospital instead of in her bed, cozy with her stuffed animal friends, snoring her little snore so I know she is safe.

Thank You for your prayers!  We are blessed to know such great, caring people.  I hope my next post is about Lucy at home!!

P.S. Ruby is doing all right too...she has an ear infection and is generally pretty fussy but is getting lots of cuddles from us whenever we can.  She misses her big sister so much but was very happy to be able to Face Time with her yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment