Monday, June 11, 2012

Hospital "Shower"


Tonight will be my 12th night at the hospital. That is a lot of nights (and days!). No major baby updates since last week. She continues to do well and seems happy to stay inside. I continue to have signs of mild pre-eclampsia, but it has not progressed past mild. Right now, the doctors are telling us that we should expect to go to at least 36 weeks. However, based on what the told us when we first got here, I'm pretty sure that we'll get to 36 and they'll say we can expect to go to 37!

I was supposed to have a shower this weekend in Colorado Springs, but since I am in the hospital, we postponed it until later. However, my mom and sisters had already booked tickets from Minneapolis to come visit, so they were here for the weekend. It was so great to have visitors to break up some of the monotony of the long days here. We spent a lot of time visiting, eating take out and playing cards. However, it wasn't really fair to play cards with them when I was on a heart monitor - they claim they could tell when I had a good hand because my pulse would increase!

We had a mini-Shower at the hospital with "Shower Food" (ladies, you know what this is!), presents and lots of laughs. Big Kudos to Jason for chauffering his in-laws around town and dealing with 4 women in a small hospital room for the weekend. He did, however, get a repreive by attending the Rockies/Angels game on Sunday - good for him, bad for Colorado fans, his favorite time won!

When they were not at the hospital with me, my mom and sisters cleaned our house, washed a bunch of baby stuff for us and finished picking up the last items we needed for baby Lucy, which was a huge blessing to have taken care of. I miss them already, but they did leave behind a beautiful bouquet that brightens up the room (see picture).

Thank You for your continued support throughout this part of Lucy's journey...we could not get through it as easily as we have without all of you! Romans 12:12 is a constant reminder these days: "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

1 comment: